Friday, March 5, 2010

Snow shoeing in Colorado

Last weekend I went out to Denver to visit my BFF from college, CU Boulder. I have not been back in 15 years! I forgot how stunning the mountains are there. I have to say, I'm pretty sure this is the most healthy weekend trip I have ever taken. Jogging, snow shoeing, eating healthy, plenty of water...much less debauchery than I'm used to. But it's great! I wasn't paying for it for days and days....I didn't take my camera out much, just to snap a few shots during our hike. Thought I'd post them, just because.

As Ginger pointed out, the Rocky Mountain National Park isn't as pretty as the Swiss Alps, but they looked pretty good to me!

Colorado2
I'm the one in the blueberry pants
Colorado3
First time on snow shoes - I could get used to this
Colorado4
Colorado5
Colorado6
Colorado8
Fun fluff through the trees on the way down
Colorado10

This scary looking place is my first apartment with my (then boyfriend) husband. I made Ginger drive me by it. At the time, it didn't seem so sketchy, although it is in an alley...but it just looks like a scary crime scene place or something to me now..
Colorado11

and this...I just had to share this. This is my husband and I talking on Skype the other day while he was at work, he also had to take a work call, so I took the opportunity to photograph the scene with my iphone. Jeez...talk about tech-geeked out.
The thumbnail of me is in the bottom left corner.
Colorado15

No comments: