Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Preschool Photos - Amy Perl Oakland Photographer

At the beginning of the year, I decided that it was high time that I took all of my experience from the past years and put it to the test. For the past 5 years, I have been doing these Photo Portrait Days at Crackerjacks clothing store (www.crackerjackskids.com), as well as a store called Milk (they just closed, bummer) and Recess Urban Recreation (www.recessurbanrecreation.com). The photo days are a little crazy, but also super fun. I get to meet many new families and sort of introduce them to my style of shooting, and it also has been a huge help in getting my photo name out in the world! Some days I have 20+ families that I photograph!

Anyway, I am talking about this, because this is the experience I decided to bring to my 'new' venture. Preschool Photos. No, not those cheesy ones...with the horrible sponge-painted backdrop, and no un-natural weird looks on the kids' faces...but fun, adventurous, photos that we would want of our kids. And it's wrapped up in a "Class Photo" name!

I have photographed a handful of schools this year, and it's been a blast. This school that I'm showing below, Blue Sky Preschool...amazing. The Director Michele, is wonderful and so sweet. I had a great time. Soon I will be venturing into a much larger school, Duck's Nest, off Piedmont Ave (just past my studio!), and I'm really looking forward to it.

If you are interested in having me come to your pre-school, just give me a holler! I'd love to do it.

001BS
002BS
003BS
004BS
005BS
006BS
007BS
009BS
008BS
010BS
011BS
012BS
014BS
013BS
015BS
016BS
017BS
018BS
019BS
020BS
022BS

1 comment:

vikki said...

Great photos... What lens do you use when shooting children?